How we’re supporting our employees and partners.
Our COVID-19 Response
At XGS, we are here and open for business. We know that we are a crucial part of your supply chain and will continue safely operating as local conditions allow. We look forward to providing you with the best service available during this challenging time.
To ensure the safety of our employees and valued customers, we have taken the following actions:
- Reinforcing CDC/WHO best practices with all employees including daily screening logs, requiring PPE in shared workspaces, regular reminders to wash hands frequently, avoiding shared resources, keeping workspaces sanitized, and monitoring their own health.
- Weekly leadership call to review and update our best practices.
- Signature Release Suspension: Following social distancing protocols, we will temporarily stop requiring consignee signatures on our delivery receipts. We will capture the name of the recipient for your proof of delivery.
- Scheduled delivery service days have been modified to adapt to the changing dynamics around the country. We will contact each consignee prior to delivery in order to ensure the best experience.
What service areas have been impacted by COVID-19?
XGS continues to operate ALL service centers at this time. We have noticed an increasing number of consignees that have closed or adjusted hours as part of the COVID-19 response. We encourage all shippers to check with your consignee to make sure they will be open for delivery.
What if my employee is not comfortable signing your delivery receipt?
Effective March 26, 2020, XGS will not require a consignee signature on a delivery receipt if the consignee does not feel comfortable due to social distancing guidelines.
In this situation, our driver will:
- Print the receiver’s name in the CONSIGNEE NAME box, then indicate that the driver entered the name by initialing the printed name.
- Enter COVID-19 as the signature.
- Leave the consignee’s copy of the delivery receipt with the freight.
What happens if XGS cannot deliver my freight due to a mandated closure?
We will contact the payor to arrange for a return or reconsignment of the freight. In some locations, storage options may be available as well.
Will XGS store my freight if it cannot be delivered for whatever reason?
We will work with your team to return the freight or re-consign it to another destination if storage options are not available in your area.
Will I be able to pick up freight at the XGS Service Center?
Yes – please contact the Service Center to arrange to have your freight ready for Will Call and to check up-to-date hours of operation.
What steps has XGS taken to inform and protect employees?
- Employee education on COVID-19 and proper hygiene, as promoted by the CDC, is being stressed daily by our leadership team.
- We have implemented a work-from-home policy for those positions that can effectively perform their duties from home.
- For employees reporting to the office or our service centers a COVID- 19 Daily Screening Log is in place with mandatory temperature checks and questions regarding possible COVID- 19 symptoms.
- All facilities are going through periodic cleaning and sanitizing multiple times daily with a focus on heavy-use areas and touchpoints.
- Restriction of non-essential business travel to limit employee exposure.
- Established a 24/7 employee dedicated hotline and email address for any questions, concerns, challenges, and requests about COVID-19.